SQA Automation Engineer
Job Position : SQA Automation Engineer
Location : NJ/MN
Must Have Skills :
Experience : 6 to 7 Years
- Functional responsibilities includes performing Smoke testing, GUI testing, System testing, usability testing, security testing, back end testing and regression testing for the software coded in Java/ JScript.
- Performing requirement analysis, estimations, test strategy, test planning, test execution, test result analysis, defect tracking management and reporting.
- Participating and assisting in all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle).
- Gathering, Analyzing and evaluating system requirements and formulate test cases in the test plan for various modules of Lab Vantage 8.
- Takes end-to-end responsibility for the design, testing and efficient high quality delivery of multiple customized module and components developed.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of test cases for accuracy of LV 8.0 using MS Visio and HP Quality Center.
- Testing the application compatibility with different browers like IE, Chrome.
- Documented detailed current and future process flows (GAP analysis) describing the changes from LV6 to LV8 to ensure business needs will be met through designed solution.
- Responsible for ensuring that the application software meets software compliance standards.
- Working with business analysts and developers to formulate test plans and test cases for the functional, usability, data driven testing and smoke testing to check the application developed has no high to medium severity bugs.
- Conducting informational and technical sessions with developers and programmer analyst to bring the issues on board.
- Working with Lead SQA and project manager to estimate best/worst case scenarios, track progress weekly of remaining work to do and conducting meetings as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) between requirements and test cases.
- Created tests using recording. While recording test inserted checkpoints like standard, text and bitmap to check the behavior of application.
- Creating automation scripts and stored them in Quality Center.
- Involved in backend integration database testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure data integrity and data consistency.
- Logged defects and tracked them using vantage track/ Clear Quest till its closure.
- Creating the task documentation at all levels with developers to report and correct bugs.
- Tools: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio), Clear Quest, HP Quality Center, LabVantage (6.0, 8.0), Vantage Track, SDLC, STLC, QTP, Java, Jscript.
Send resume & specify position you are seeking to:
30 Central Ave.,
Jersey City, NJ 07306